A Personal Note

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage IV melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.

A Personal Note

Postby Catherine Poole » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 am

Just wanted you wonderful people to know I haven't gone anywhere and don't intend to. Helping you gives me great pleasure and satisfaction. It is also a great distraction from the sad journey I am on with my husband. He is now end stage and it is a matter of time. Hospice is a wonderful thing and he will be comfortable and as happy as possible. So please don't hesitate to email me with questions or post here. I'm here everyday checking up on things!
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Re: A Personal Note

Postby buffcody » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:42 am

Thank you for being at our side. I know I'm at yours as I think about and pray for you and your husband every morning that both of you may experience peace through this most difficult time.
Frank
buffcody

Postby PhillyRed » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am

Catherine,

Very sorry to hear he is now end stage and in hospice care. Thinking of you in this final phase of the difficult journey you have been on.
PhillyRed

Postby jennunicorn » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:49 am

Catherine, you are the ultimate caretaker. Sending warm thoughts to you and your husband during this hard time.
jennunicorn

Postby Catherine Poole » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 am

Thank you. Care giving is a learning experience! That is for certain. And that is the one true gift I have received, learning more about the incredible obstacles we all sometimes face and how to do that with grace. I am fortunate he is so kind and never angry at his fate. I always feel such fulfillment when I can help someone feel better about their situation.
Catherine Poole

Postby susansaw » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Catherine, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Do I assume it is melanoma?

I just googled my name and the forum came up with a message I wrote five years ago just after I moved to Port Townsend, WA

Don has been gone 5 years now, the time seems to have gone very fast but then at 74 time speeds whether I want it to or not. I became a great-grandmother for the first time July 31st.

I'm still in Port Townsend, have a new guy who is living with me and am happy.

Susan Sawatzky
sussaw70@gmail.com
susansaw

Postby Shirley Z » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:29 pm

So sorry to hear this. Was just thinking about sending you an email and decided to check here.
Thoughts and prayers are always with you.
Shirley Z
Shirley Z

Postby Catherine Poole » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:44 am

Susan and Shirley,
Thanks for your kind thoughts and I'm glad Susan that things have worked out for you. Being resilient is my number one goal and being happy for the small things and laughing when possible too! My husband has Lewy Body Dementia, it affects about a million people a year and is what Robin Williams had. It is a faster moving dementia that has symptoms of parkinsons and really a nightmare without a known treatment. I have worked hard to navigate him properly to the best treatment. Take good care both of you.
Catherine Poole

Postby marti » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Dear Catharine,
please remember its as in a plane where pressure drops. Put your mask on yourself before helping others. Please place yourself at priority 1. And if there is no time to look at your MIF, do know there are others that can help out. Very few have your knowledge, but I am sure, that for 1 or 2 days ; all your supporters can help out with your forum.
My heart goes out to both of you and I am hoping for the best,

kind regards
Marti
marti

Postby Linny » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 pm

Catherine,

I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you and your husband prayers, love, and hugs.
Stage III, Unknown Primary; 1 positive node in left axilla
Linny

Return to Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV