Has Anyone done IPI 10mg for adjuvant therapy?

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage III melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.

Has Anyone done IPI 10mg for adjuvant therapy?

Postby Catherine Poole » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:56 pm

How did it go? How long? and how often? Did you ask for the 3mg?
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Re: Has Anyone done IPI 10mg for adjuvant therapy?

Postby jennunicorn » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:33 pm

I did Ipi at 10mg. Made it through all 4 main infusions and even 2 maintenance doses. Was suppose to have my last infusion in November, but my most recent PET/CT scan showed activity and growth in a groin lymph node and an armpit lymph node. Had biopsies done and unfortunately melanoma is back... or never really left and has been hiding... so, the next plan of action is to start Ipi/Nivo combo and hope it does the trick!

I did not have any major side effects of Ipi, had eczema flare ups (already have eczema), joint pain, acid reflux, and fatigue. Hopefully the next infusions of the combo that include Ipi continue to treat me fairly well.
jennunicorn

Postby Catherine Poole » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:29 pm

Thanks for the information! You must be incredibly strong to do all of those doses. Why are they giving you the combo now if they gave you ipi already? Just curious what their logic was. Thanks again!
Catherine Poole

Postby jennunicorn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:11 pm

Doing the combo was mostly my choice, although my oncologist, a melanoma oncologist at UCSF, said that the combo would be her first pick as well. Reasoning being that it has the highest effectiveness rate of all of the FDA approved drug therapies. Seems strange to do Ipi again, but I have spoken with others who did Ipi alone first and then they progressed and went on to Ipi/Nivo and got better response from the combo. Hopefully it does the trick for me too!
jennunicorn

Postby Catherine Poole » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:29 am

Sounds like a plan since you tolerated the 10mg so well. The opdivo or PD1 is the more effective drug so I hope you get a good response! Please keep in touch and let us know how it going for you. We will be thinking of you!
Catherine Poole

Return to Melanoma: Stage III