Having a plan

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage IV melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.

Having a plan

Postby Milko » Wed May 03, 2017 4:19 pm

I just returned from the local melanoma onc & received a second opinion. Based upon his protocol (Mt. Sinai; Miami Beach) I will be on Keytruda for 1 year with infusions every 3 weeks after turning NED after my 6th infusion. While this is more than I originally planned, he feels better to err on the side of caution....
Milko

Re: Having a plan

Postby Catherine Poole » Fri May 05, 2017 7:05 am

We have other patients here who also stayed on Keytruda that long, or longer. Still puzzled by Jimmy Carter who only stayed on the drug for 6 months. We don't have the data yet on how long to stay on the drug but I will check around to see what others may think. It is a great question and may become a personal one, that you decide.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Postby Milko » Fri May 05, 2017 2:44 pm

Many thanks. Obviously we are all part of the data that will be used down the road.
Milko

Postby Catherine Poole » Sat May 06, 2017 7:14 am

Yes, we hope to know more in the future. Let's see if the June 1 meeting at ASCO comes out with any information. Take good care!
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Return to Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV