Is anyone on the STING Trial?

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage III melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.

Is anyone on the STING Trial?

Postby PWood » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:55 pm

Hello to all of you!

Is anyone on the STING Trial (MIW815)? My sister has Stage III melanoma (BRAF Wild Type, NRAS Q61 Mutant). Her recent scan showed that it remains contained within her left ankle and leg. She did not respond to Keytruda and Ipi/Nivo proved too toxic (she was hospitalised after two rounds). The oncologists do not favour continuing with either arm of this combination. The disease is too bulky for isolated limb infusion or perfusion (there are multiple large and small satellites throughout her calf and thigh). She is currently having radiotherapy for new tumours (which may, or may not, be peudo-progression).

Has anyone tried STING? She is being treated at the Peter MacMillan Cancer Centre in Melbourne, Australia, which will participate in a STING Trial in October. She may be a candidate for that. Does anyone know of any other possible treatments or trial options? She has no health issues, other than the melanoma and an underactive thyroid caused by the immunotherapy.

Best wishes to you all and many thanks to those who responded to my earlier posts. You are very young to be going through this Jennucorn!
PWood

Re: Is anyone on the STING Trial?

Postby Catherine Poole » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:37 am

Sorry no one has responded and I did some research and came up with little to help you. I will do another search today. How is she doing?
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Re: Is anyone on the STING Trial?

Postby PWood » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:15 am

Hi Catherine and thank you. She's high on steroids and feeling great! Energised, looking wonderful, eating well, walking the dog, and generally out and about. Radiotherapy each day this week (five sessions only at present). We asked to see the oncologist again to get more information about prognosis and options and are seeing him tomorrow. I'll let you know. Wish she'd stop talking!
PWood

Targeted therapy for NRAS

Postby PWood » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:08 am

Hi Catherine,

The oncologist advised that STING has a component of immunotherapy. As immunotherapy has not worked for my sister he is now looking instead for a trial therapy targeting NRAS that does not include immunotherapy. Such trials are rare apparently. If you hear of any, please let me know.

Do you know of any members with melanoma (with multiple satelite and in-transit tumors) confined to the leg?

Best wishes to everyone.
Patricia
PWood

Return to Melanoma: Stage III