Stage IIIB ITALY

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage III melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.

Stage IIIB ITALY

Postby Alby » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:32 am

Dear Friends,
My name is Alberto I’m from Verona Italy.
I’ve been lurker on this wonderful forum for three years – July 2014- when my wife was diagnosed with 2 MM on her back. One 7mm Breslow ulcerated 48 mitosis and the other one smaller 0,7mm no ulcerated. She had surgery to enlarge both sites of disease and to find sentinel lymph nodes. After surgery one positive sentinel lymph node and then surgery again for Lymph node dissection on her left axilla with two more positive nodes with micro and macro mets. Stage IIIB. Suddenly we went through the worst nightmare could happen in our life and I must confess that during last month of 2014 I was terrorized and frightened. I read lots of your stories and I cried when something went wrong and I really enjoyed when good news appeared on my laptop. You have been and still you are a real family to me and you gave me strength to support my wife through this journey.
We decided to choose watch and wait protocol. Reading many of your stories I must admit that national health service here in Italy , especially in northern Italy where we live, can grant you an excellent quality of assistance for free. She had scans, PET and CT ultrasound, dermatologic and oncologic visit and after three years (last CT July 4th) is still NED.
That’s why I want to share this good news with each of you and particularly with Catherine I admire the most and want to thank with all of my heart. I really felt I was not alone and I wish you all the best. Sorry for my English.
Alberto
Alby

Re: Stage IIIB ITALY

Postby Catherine Poole » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:16 am

Your English is perfect, you should see my Italian! So happy to hear from you and your kind words to us. I hope things continue in a good way for you both. Your wife is most fortunate to have you!
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Postby Linny » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:56 am

Buon giorno, Alberto!

So nice of you to write this update on your wife. I hope that she continues to do well.

Your English is perfect. I am a musician so my Italian is limited to telling people how fast or slow they should go and how loud or soft they should speak. :lol:
Stage III, Unknown Primary; 1 positive node in left axilla
Linny

Postby Alby » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:07 am

Catherine Poole wrote:Your English is perfect, you should see my Italian! So happy to hear from you and your kind words to us. I hope things continue in a good way for you both. Your wife is most fortunate to have you!

Thank you Catherine
Alby

Postby Alby » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:09 am

Linny wrote:Buon giorno, Alberto!

So nice of you to write this update on your wife. I hope that she continues to do well.

Your English is perfect. I am a musician so my Italian is limited to telling people how fast or slow they should go and how loud or soft they should speak. :lol:

thank you Linny for your kind words
thank you piano and THANK YOU forte :)
Alby

Return to Melanoma: Stage III