Update

This forum was created for those with an incredibly hard task: taking care of someone they love who is ill.

Update

Postby Catherine Poole » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:11 pm

So our journey with Lewy Body Dementia continues. It has been a year since he has been in assisted living and now we moved to a memory unit. You learn all of these terms sadly and each place is different. You have to be there in person for your loved one to get the best care. The unit he is in now is a brand new VA home funded amply by our state (shocking) and the staff excellent. He has a doctor and nurse on staff all the time whereas the other place didn't have that. We have neighbors that have endured our wars and I feel such an honor to meet them. What they went through in these wars was awful. We still have no cure or even treatment that will abate his symptoms. So it is frustrating and sad. He's lost weight and is on hospice care as well. So that's it. I've learned so much as a caregiver and about brain disease too, my heart is in helping melanoma patients and I hope to continue!
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Re: Update

Postby Jonathan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Dear Catherine,

I'm sorry to hear all these developments. However, you sound as if you are, as always, able to make the best of a hard situation, being open to discovering new aspects of life, painful though they may often be.

Know that we think about you often.

Fondly,

Jonathan
Jonathan

Postby marti » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Dear Catherine,

Thank you for your update about your husband. Thankfully he is in an excellent care, altough hard to accept all these changes. My heart goes out to you both.

Your husband is lucky to have you as care-taker, I wish you all the best in this battle.

Us, as melanoma patients, are lucky to have you as the center of MIF . I do wish you all the strength of taking care of this Lewy body dementia which strikes the entire family as of all these serious diseases.

Best regards
Marti
marti

Postby marta010 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:46 am

Catherine - so sorry to hear about your husband's continued struggle with this disease. I hope he's receiving top notch care at the new center and that you have some comfort knowing he is in a caring environment. It's so hard and heartbreaking to watch our beloved family members deal with such an unfair diagnosis. Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Take care.

Ann
marta010

Return to For Caregivers Only