Whole Body Photography?

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage I & II melanoma, as well as answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.
Sole

Re: Whole Body Photography?

Post by Sole » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:00 am

Hi,
This is my first post here. I live in Montreal, Canada and searched a lot for this in my area. The closest I could find is a private derm clinic near Toronto (ICLS) that offers whole body photography. I will be going for the first time in two weeks. I’ll report back. There is also one clinic in the maritimes that provides the same service. Besides that, I’m pretty sure British Columbia has some clinics offering the service.

Catherine Poole

Post by Catherine Poole » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:18 am

Skin self exam is important too! You know your body best. Take a look at our 2 minute video: http://melanomainternational.org/melano ... nW2U66nGM8

You can also take your own photos for reference. Good luck with getting this done, it is really important for those with many moles to watch. Let us know how it goes.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation

Bella4444

Post by Bella4444 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Sydney melanoma diagnostic centre at Gloucester house. They use derma scan X2.

Not only do they do the photos for the machine but they then go and do the body photography for self check which they give to you on a USB.

I like how the next time you go in it will show up there and then if you have any new moles or if any have changed as the circle around the mole will be a different colour....I’m not sure if this is what everyone else’s is like.

Sole

Post by Sole » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:37 pm

Well,
Just wanted to report that I went back to the Ontario (ICLS) dermatologist for the 6 my month followup and I was just amazed by the software capabilities. Given my skin situation, having hundreds of moles to track, this tool is ESSENTIAL. Extremely sad and concerning that this service is considered cosmetic in Canada. Unbelievable! So I paid for the service, didn’t have much choice hut very satisfied with it. And the care from Dr Sapra is premium. Good news is that my moles seem stable and the two biopsies we took came back benign. Also NED two years after the beginning of this horrific trip. All I can say is so far so good. Until another shoe drops. My heart goes out to my friend Jenna from Minnesota who relapsed in the lungs after 2.5 years NED from diagnosis.