Excision and skin graft on toe?

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage I & II melanoma, as well as answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.
._@_.

Excision and skin graft on toe?

Post by ._@_. » Thu May 31, 2018 9:40 pm

Has anyone here had an excision and skin graft on their toe? I'm having one on my pinky toe on the 6ths and want to know what to expect in terms of recovery. Thanks!

Sole

Re: Excision and skin graft on toe?

Post by Sole » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:35 am

Hi,

I had my WLE and total skin graft under my right foot and in between my 4th and 5th toe done in September 2016. It’s been very challenging for me in terms of recovery. My surgeon had to severe one of the nerves to these toes so I don’t have the same motility. Walking is like always having a stone in your shoe now. But hey, I’m here! Also, they wanted to amputate my 4-5 toes and I said no: work around it and if it recurs locally one day, well I’ll part with the toes then. So far so good. The skin never grew back to its original texture and my graft is thick still and always picks up a little FDG 1.7-2.1) on pet scans. After two years, my surgeon thinks it’s ongoing local inflammation. If it had been melanoma again, I think we would see and feel it.

My case is a bit more extreme than yours, I suspect. Let me know how it went.

M