My dermatologist can’t get me in for 6 weeks, what do you think?

Did you just receive a melanoma diagnosis? This is the perfect moderated forum to obtain information about pathology as well as get your most important questions answered.
Cn600716

My dermatologist can’t get me in for 6 weeks, what do you think?

Post by Cn600716 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:50 pm

My dermatologist can’t get me in for 6 weeks, I’m really worried about my mole. What do you think, should I wait or try to find new doctor.. I’m trying to add a picture but it is 1 cm wide, it feels rough to the touch, has black, brown and tan color in it, and has some uneven boarders. It’s been on my back for around 31/2 years but recently started looking different. Also I’m 34 year old female

Catherine Poole

Re: My dermatologist can’t get me in for 6 weeks, what do you think?

Post by Catherine Poole » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 am

I would find another dermatologist, one that doesn't have a practice involved with cosmetic dermatology. You can go to the AAD.org website and put in your zipcode for a list of derms in your area. Also, one that is associated with a teaching university is a great idea. I hope you can be checked soon and have your anxiety relieved. A biopsy is the only way to tell if the lesion is melanoma. Let us know how you make out..
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation

Catherine Poole

Re: My dermatologist can’t get me in for 6 weeks, what do you think?

Post by Catherine Poole » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:20 am

I would find another dermatologist, one that doesn't have a practice involved with cosmetic dermatology. You can go to the AAD.org website and put in your zipcode for a list of derms in your area. Also, one that is associated with a teaching university is a great idea. I hope you can be checked soon and have your anxiety relieved. A biopsy is the only way to tell if the lesion is melanoma. Let us know how you make out..
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation