So nervous and anxious!

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage III melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.

So nervous and anxious!

Postby aquamak » Wed May 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Hello my friends:

Just doing a little writing therapy here. Today I went for a PET/CT scan and will get the results Friday morning from my doctor. When, and if all is well, I will officially be 5 years NED from Stage 3C. The problem is that today after the scan was done, they re-scanned my head and neck so my heart is raising. I asked the technician afterwards and he said he was sorry to make me upset but they supposedly had to redo the CT and PET of the head because he said I must have moved and the images weren’t lining up. He claims that is all but I am so nervous!!! Anyone have a similar situation?
aquamak

Re: So nervous and anxious!

Postby Catherine Poole » Thu May 10, 2018 6:44 am

Take a deep breath and then another. Yes, that happens. It is highly doubtful you have anything to worry about. I totally understand how you feel. I know we all hang on every word and movement our medical teams make and it is very stressful. Please let us know here your results so we can celebrate together!
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Postby aquamak » Sat May 12, 2018 6:45 am

Hello All:

PET/CT scans were good! One small lymph node in neck that will be evaluated again in 3 months that is most likely reactive due to the allergy and sinus issues I've been having. My doctor is not concerned but wants a "clean" report but she has agreed 5 years NED!
aquamak

Postby Catherine Poole » Sat May 12, 2018 7:17 am

Great news! I hope you will celebrate and be especially generous with yourself..
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Postby jeffb » Sun May 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Most excellent AquaMak.
jeffb

Return to Melanoma: Stage III