New pregnancy

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage III melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.

New pregnancy

Postby Happy_girl » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:04 pm

It’s been a while since I’ve posted- and last time was after the loss of a pregnancy. Well, we have (as of yesterday), safely hit the 12 week mark! My OBGYN. Has been great about me being able to come in every 2 weeks until 14 weeks to hear the heartbeat.

I’m so excited, but those same fears have hit that hit with the last pregnancy. After the loss of my last one in January- I I did talk with my onc. And she let me get a scan 6 months early. ( my thought was I had had several weeks of extra hormones AND i would hope to be pregnant at my next 6 month appointmentbwhen I would normally be getting my scan- and I didn’t want to miss a scan for 1 1/2 years.... ). Scan came back clear! So here we are.... 12 weeks pregnant and work g to enjoy it and not be scared. I KNOW there have been healthy moms/ after stage 3a diagnosis... praying to be one of those that are blessed and stay healthy!

Have a great 4th everyone!
Happy_girl

Re: New pregnancy

Postby Catherine Poole » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:46 am

We'll all be thinking of you! I know it has been a rough patch for you. Take good care of yourself and try to do some fun things that relieve stress. Get a massage! Keep in touch.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Postby Happy_girl » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Catherine, do you know if other stage 3 that have had successful pregnancies without recurrence?
Happy_girl

Postby Catherine Poole » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:46 am

Absolutely! There shouldn't be any issue. Stress isn't good for you though and I hope you are able to find something to help you relax. I think it is very normal for you to feel worried but yoga, meditation or other tools can help you through.
Catherine Poole

Postby Happy_girl » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:33 am

Thank you! One reason I’m a little nervous right now is that I had a friend who was just diagnosed with melanoma. I’ve been helping her get to OHIO STATE for what she needs- but I think just seeing her live this for the first time is bringing back the fear and uncertainty that first comes.

I did tell her about this site as well, so she may join soon.

Thanks for all you do,Catherine! It is much appreciated!
Happy_girl

Postby Catherine Poole » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:24 am

Please send her to us. I would be happy to personally navigate her through. It's my heartfelt mission and too stressful for you to take on. Take good care.
Catherine Poole

Return to Melanoma: Stage III