Call out for UPDATES! How are you doing?

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage IV melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.

Re: Call out for UPDATES! How are you doing?

Postby LisaB » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi everyone.I am doing good.Diagnosed 2 years ago with Stage 4 Melanoma that was never found on my skin..I had my tumors resected and had 24 Keytruda treatments.I now have scans every three months.I have had a brain MRI , a CT of the chest, abdomen and pelvis in the past two weeks and all was clear! Only new thing is a freckle was found in my left eye, toward the back , that wasn't there two years ago , so I will go back in October to have that looked at again.If anyone has any experience with this please share.God bless you all.
LisaB

Postby Catherine Poole » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:26 am

Great report Lisa! Sometimes freckles or nevus are found in the eye and they are nothing to worry about. People who have a lot of moles (nevi) sometimes have them show up in the eye with no further consequence. I would make sure you are followed by an experienced opthomologist to keep an eye (sorry) on it. Good news though.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation
Catherine Poole

Postby LisaB » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Thank you so much!
LisaB

Previous

Return to Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV