JAK 1 mutation/JAK 2 compromised

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage IV melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.
Mikey

JAK 1 mutation/JAK 2 compromised

Post by Mikey » Wed May 08, 2019 8:27 am

I had a genetic test stating a probable negative response to blockade therapy ( keytruda), because of JAK 1 mutation and JAK 2 compromised etc.. My Doctor says it was a small study of 4 patients not on his radar for care or criteria and is proceeding with the treatments every 3 weeks. I still am very concerned with this and what little info I found does not sound good. I supposedly have no active cancer showing after a small lung resection in April. I guess the alternative would be watchful waiting, so am on board with continuing the therapy. Next petscan early June. Has anyone heard of this or any way to bypass the gene pathway?
Thanks Mike

Catherine Poole

Re: JAK 1 mutation/JAK 2 compromised

Post by Catherine Poole » Sat May 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Thanks for being in touch. Glad to hear you are doing well on Keytruda. Let me look into this pathway, I've not heard of it but there are many new things in research not yet reaching us. Take good care and keep in touch.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation

Catherine Poole

Post by Catherine Poole » Sat May 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Here is a study I found. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5975601/
Let me reach out to our scientific board about it. I imagine ASCO which is first week of June may report on this too. But I think it is too early to get discouraged or encouraged by this marker.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Sun May 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi Catherine, Thank you for the information, this was similar to an article I found from 2017. I would appreciate very much any further updates you might be informed of. My pet-scan is June 3rd followed by my 3rd round of Keytruda. I was a bit surprised that they will be able to have an idea of the efficiency of treatment after just 2 infusions. Happy Mother's Day, if you do not have children your caring nature qualifies you. I am single with limited support, so valuable to have a knowledgeable friend in my corner. Cheers Mike

Catherine Poole

Post by Catherine Poole » Thu May 16, 2019 12:45 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding. I will keep checking! Yes, I am a mom to two grown children who are wonderful. I was pregnant with my son when I had melanoma. Please post anything you find as well. Take good care!