Stage 1 scared

Did you just receive a melanoma diagnosis? This is the perfect moderated forum to obtain information about pathology as well as get your most important questions answered.
MLDuddy

Stage 1 scared

Post by MLDuddy » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:16 am

Hello

I have been reading some posts in hope of some inspiration. I feel being dx'd with Stage 1a Melanoma, I am scarying myself silly with the what ifs. I have a beautiful daughter and I feel so quilty that I watched my Melanoma grow over the years... never knew what it was!!

I am on meds, nearly 6 months from my dx and still not feeling very positive.

I am stage 1a, 0.6mm, mitotic of 1, vertical growth Jan 2019. WLE came back clear and now I feel like a sitting duck just waiting to progress. I am on a waiting list for therapy.

Is there really success stories out there, where people have not have reocurrenance and carried on with life?

I am not feeling very positive, all I have been told is that there is a 2% for reoccurence and nothing else reassuring.

MLD x

Catherine Poole

Re: Stage 1 scared

Post by Catherine Poole » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 am

This is very normal and you shouldn't beat yourself up about it. Relax and try meditation to clear your brain. See a therapist for talk therapy, that can help. You sound very low risk, and just to reassure you I am 30 years out with a .76, 2mm mitotic. No recur! Takes time to sort it out, but you will.
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation

MLDuddy

Post by MLDuddy » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:32 pm

Thank you Catherine. My mind carries me off to not a nice place, but I hope in time this will get better. I am awaiting therapy and hope it’s soon. May I say what a wonderful site you have and thank you for taking time in responding to me.

point30

Post by point30 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:53 am

Hi MLDuddy again

I just replied to another one of your posts. As you are diagnosed as a 1a and caught it early!! That's a great start!

FYI you can read my story on here as well, diagnosed with 1b and half way to being cleared. I can completely relate to the 'what ifs' and potential impacts it may have to your family running through your mind.....

MLDuddy

Post by MLDuddy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:27 am

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and reassurance that it can get easier. Would like to read your journey, how do I look it up?

Thanks

Mandy