Relapse IV 2013 - Ipilimumab

This moderated forum is to support the needs of patients with stage IV melanoma, as well as to answer questions about treatment options and what to expect.
Dianap

Relapse IV 2013 - Ipilimumab

Post by Dianap » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:28 am

Unfortunately, I have relapsed with a mass at the tail of my pancreas. On 30th December I had an EUS with bioposy and this Monday it was confirmed as melanoma.

I had started to feel unwell in October with vague symptoms of nausea, indigestion, stomach pain and started to monitor the occurence. I already had a review CT scan booked for 9th November which I saw as a safety net. Certain foods caused more problem so by cutting out and being unable to face coffee, tea and my occasion wine...drat! I felt a little better.

A PET scan is now imminent and by next week we will know whether it has travelled. I am still under the Oncology consultant in Cambridge, whom I eventually found in 2013 and has been wonderful. By the time I reached her tumours were top and tail pancreas, lung, bone and brain plus mets. I was given one dose of ipilimumab before brain surgery in April 2013, followed by three further doses. I have had no other treatment, apart from previous surgery leg, buttock.

So the one dose of ipi has served me well for the past 6 years.

Obviously I am very concerned but more hopeful than all those years ago when most of us on this forum were facing a certain death. The support of this forum during those times will never be forgotten.
I will keep you updated and your valued advise will again be greatly received.

Best wishes to all for 2020

Diana Norfolk.

Catherine Poole

Re: Relapse IV 2013 - Ipilimumab

Post by Catherine Poole » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:57 am

Diana,
so sorry to hear about your recurrence. I would be optimistic about your response to the PD1 drugs since it took little IPI to clear you up before. It sounds like you have you a very good immune system! Please let us know how you are doing and your next treatment will be. Take good care
Catherine M. Poole, President/Founder
Melanoma International Foundation