Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Just got results Reply To: Just got results

tbeau
Participant

Hi Bradley:

I’m sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I was diagnosed with nodular melanoma in July of 2012. Clark’s Level 4. Breslow 1.25 mm. Mitosis 2. I had a WLE and a SLNB which came back clear. While my diagnosis is a little different than yours I wanted to respond to you because I think you need some reassurance that you will be ok. I am 1 1/2 years out and I am ok. Mentally, it takes a toll on you and of course there is no guarantee that the melanoma hasn’t spread or that it won’t reappear at a later time, but the odds are in our favor. Its good that you caught it early. Mine was on my leg and required a skin graft to close the WLE. A melanoma diagnosis can scare the hell out of you but it definitely gives you a wake up call as to what is really important in your life. I hope this post helps you some. Make sure you are being treated by a dermatologist that specializes in melanoma and think about a second opinion. I see my local dermatologist 2xs per year and I go to a melanoma center of excellence to see their dermatologist 2xs per year.