Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Melanoma Stage 1b & breast cysts? Reply To: Melanoma Stage 1b & breast cysts?

Joanie60
Participant

Hi Tbeau~

On this exciting Saturday night, I am flipping thru some old posts and found yours from your breast mass scare and how all that played out. I know it must have been awful going thru it, but I appreciated your comments and comments from your supporters~I found it very helpful.

If there is a family link between melanoma and breast cancer, is there any point in being tested for BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 ?

I’ve probably mentioned this but here is my family history: I had melanoma (stage 1a in 2000, currently stage 1b). Mom and maternal granddad: melanoma. Maternal aunt: breast cancer twice (probably about age 65 then 75??). Dad: prostate cancer (does this fit in anywhere?!?!?).

I know, I know, I should really just throw my laptop and cell phone out the window till next weekend!! And to think the generation before us did this without internet…and probably without even saying the word “cancer” lol, certainly not the word breast 🙄

Joanie