Home Forums Newly Diagnosed Stage III/IV 1 Year NED!!! Thank you MIF!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    goldfidler
    Participant

I just wanted to share some good news with all of my online friends and also to give some hope to all of the newcomers to this forum.

In June 2013, I was diagnosed with Stage IIIc melanoma in my right foot. I was completely lost and found great solace and support in this forum. After several discussions with my doctors, we decided that the only way to completely remove the cancerous tumor was a transmetatarsal amputation of my right foot. I also had a SLNB which had 3 of 5 positive nodes. 30 days later, I had a right groin dissection (lymphadenectomy) with all nodes negative. Rather than participating in any of the Interferon or Ipilimumab trials, I opted for frequent monitoring with a change in diet and lifestyle.

I am very happy to announce that, as of my appointment yesterday with my Oncologist at Mount Sinai Cancer Center in Miami, I am officially 1 year NED! None of us have a guarantee for tomorrow but this is a great reason to celebrate today.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for providing me with guidance, advice, support, love, and friendship. And to everyone just joining this forum for the first time, we are all sad to meet you here but you are in the right place to find accurate information, knowledgeable people, and kindred spirits. Even 12 months later, I am so grateful and happy that this forum exists. There is hope and there is a future. Be strong and keep fighting.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

That is wonderful news. You have been through an awful lot and I admire your tenacity. I hope things continue on this wonderful path for you and know we are always here for you! Seize the moment!

Annieo
    Participant

Hi Goldfidler,

It is lovely to read such a positive message here. You sound so so happy. It is well deserved as you have had a tough time. Enjoy every moment :)

Anne

charissa1969
    Participant

You’re awesome, Matt! So grateful for the good news.

Charissa

Linny
    Participant

Congrats!!! This is great news. :mrgreen:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Newly Diagnosed Stage III/IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.