Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III 1 year NED!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aquamak
    Participant

I am officially 1 year NED today! I know it is a small step but it is a big one for me. One year ago I was in surgery at MSKCC having a neck dissection and parotidectomy. I chose watch and wait and participated in a Phase 1 Dendritic Cell vaccine at MSKCC. I have been scanned every 3 months with the exception of my anniversary this month (oncologist does not want to do scans this time as no symptoms and last 2 scans were clean). Shooting now for 18 months and longer!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Congrats to you! And many more!

Linny
    Participant

aquamak wrote:

I am officially 1 year NED today! I know it is a small step but it is a big one for me. One year ago I was in surgery at MSKCC having a neck dissection and parotidectomy. I chose watch and wait and participated in a Phase 1 Dendritic Cell vaccine at MSKCC. I have been scanned every 3 months with the exception of my anniversary this month (oncologist does not want to do scans this time as no symptoms and last 2 scans were clean). Shooting now for 18 months and longer!

That is FANTASTIC news! Congrats. :mrgreen: Now go out and celebrate this weekend.

Annieo
    Participant

That’s fantastic Aquamak! Best wishes to you :)

Annie

goldfidler
    Participant

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

AnnieO, you just made my day. I am so happy for you! I cannot put enough exclamation points! What a great milestone and reason to celebrate.

I am approaching my 1 year anniversary of diagnosis too. I just had my 3-month scans and just learned that they were all clear. My point is that I sat awake last to write an update to friends and found myself thinking about you, Charissa, Catherine, and so many others who helped me when my world was spinning out of control. I am so thankful for you and everyone. I don’t think I would have made it this far without your advice and support.

All I can say is thank you and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

juliavasa5
    Participant

One year ago I was in surgery at MSKCC having a neck dissection and parotidectomyThat’s fantastic Aquamak! Best wishes to you :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.