Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV 19 months after TIL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hein
    Participant

Celebration time! Today I had my 4-monthly checkup: 19 months after having done TIL, I am still completely ‘clean’. Bloodwork is clean of melanoma and CT-scan is also clean.

Hein

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Indeed celebrate! I only hope Pati will be right there with you in a few months. She seems to be having a rough time right now.

Shirley Z
    Participant

Congratulations Hein! Such wonderful news. You deserve to celebrate, and I also pray that Pati will be celebrating with you soon. You are both so deserving of good news.

Shirley Z

pati
    Participant

Hein, so glad to hear!

Indeed still dealing with the hearing loss and treating this week with cortisone so I hope it becomes normal like the eye problem. Fatigue is better day by day, really slowly, so I am looking forward to follow your path….

Hein
    Participant

Thanks guys.

@ P.: Praying and hoping you will get where I am…

Angela21
    Participant

This is wonderful news. It is great to hear a success story. I was wondering if you had brain mets before TIL. My husband has 12 brain tumors. He is undergoing WBR right now.

Hein
    Participant

Angela,

I did not have braintumors. Braintumors are an exclusion upto now for the TIL’s in Amsterdam. I know they did TIL on at least two patients with brainmets at Christie’s in Manchester. It has been proven TIL also works on braintumors, but I don’t know if there are complete responders who had braintumors. I have been told braintumors are an additional risk for TIL because of possible liquidation or hemoridges in the brain but I don’t know if that’s true.

Hein

Angela21
    Participant

Thank you for the information.

frannny
    Participant

What is TIL?

congratulations!.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.