Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV 1st Scan results after starting Zelboraf

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    erinmay22
    Participant

So – had my scans on Friday (the 13th mind you). I started Zelboarf on May 30th. Had to tak a week off due to horrible rash. Saw my doctor today. EKG was good. Scans show shrinkage. Can’t tell you how much – since their computer systems went down and they couldn’t print out my latest CT. Will continue on the reduced dose (3 pills 2x’s per day).

Now to take a much needed vacation! Headed to London for the Olympics! Will see my doctor the week I return. Our plan for now is to continue Zelboraf. We will scan mid Sept and then look at switching to Ipi.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Cheers,

Erin

http://www.melanomaandthecity.blogspot.com

Dick_K
    Participant

Erin

… and who said Friday the 13th was unlucky. Enjoy your London vacation.

Dick

Mrs_Ras
    Participant

Great that there’s shrinkage!! Be safe on your trip to London!!

Valerie

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Erin,

I was just thinking of you the other day and hoping that all would be well so you could be on your way.

So happy to hear about the shrinkage. Have a wonderful time. Be safe!

Hugs,

Shirley Z

erinmay22
    Participant

Thanks guys! Of course I would have been happier to hear things were clear already :) lol! but I’ll take shrinking. and in all honesty – the stomach cramps I was having from Jan to May have gone so that is better! 😆

Hope you are all doing well! I’m actually excited that it will be cooler and rainy in London and Scotland (we’re doing a long weekend in Edinburgh). I’ve almost given myself heat stroke with all the layers I’ve been wearing out in the 100+ degree weather!

Cheers,

Erin

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I just returned from overseas and many of the folks from England and Ireland were complaining about cold rainy weather and I couldn’t begin to tell them how welcome that would be here in the U.S. with our drought and continued hot weather!

Have a great trip!!

erinmay22
    Participant

Catherine – yes I know folks have been warning me about the rainy weather… I do think it will be a welcome change! :D

Looking forward to the trip! Been a stressful couple of months :) Have a lovely weekend everyone!

PS – how is the grand-baby?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.