Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II 2 biopsies and a referral

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Webbie73
    Participant

I just had my third 3 month follow up since my diagnosis of melanoma. Left the office with 2 new biopsies on my back and a referral to an ENT to evaluate a growth in my ear canal and a changing mole on the concha part of my ear. My doctor has gone high tech and now I can access my file online. I will also be able to get any test results online. Although I think they post that after you have received a call. I think having access to your pathology reports will help…we know how we sometimes just hear part of our diagnosis and miss the rest. This will enable me to go back and review what was said.

krissy424
    Participant

Having medical records on line is awesome.

The Veterans Administration uses this technology in many hospitals.

All labs and studies , allergies, history, wellness reminders, scheduled appointments. Rx refills and more.

My hubby, last i checked, had 71 printed pages of lab values. The Vet must go to the hospital in person to fill out paper work and prove identity before access is given.

i wish all hospital offered on-line records.

Good luck Webbie73. Hope your results are no melanoma.

Lisa P
    Participant

Hi, Webbie – I hope you’re doing ok and look forward to hearing good news on your biopsy results. Please keep us posted! Lisa

YankeesGirl
    Participant

Hi Webbie,

Positive thoughts for you! Please keep us posted.

harrybro
    Participant

The Veterans Administration uses this technology in many hospitals.

YankeesGirl
    Participant

Hi Webbie,

Any news on the biopsies yet? Please keep us posted. I saw Dr. Miner this morning for my two week WLE post op visit. I am looking for a new dermatologist and Dr. Miner referred me to Dermatology Professionals in East Greenwich. I think you mentioned that you go there in a prior post. I called the practice today and was told that the only docs accepting new patients are Dr. Chang, Dr. Fonder and Dr. Kirk. Do you have any experience with any of these docs?

Thanks and wishing you nothing but positive thoughts!!!

Webbie73
    Participant

I got good news late this afternoon….no cancer in the biopsies. Tomorrow is my appointment with the ENT.

Yankeesgirl, I go to Dermatology Professionals. Dr. Chang is suppose to be very good with melanoma. I have never seen her. I really like Dr. Kirk and have seen her when my doctor was out on medical leave. Young and very personable. Takes time to talk with you. I also saw Dr. Fonder for an infected biopsy. I really like the practice. I see Dr. Moskowitz but I know she is not taking new patients now. Good luck with picking one or did you already make an appointment?

krissy424
    Participant

O/T

Dear harrybro,

We go to the hospital in West Los Angeles and love the care and people there.

I should clarify my husband does not have melanoma, I do. My hubby was US Air force

with a tour in Viet Nam.

Kris

krissy424
    Participant

Webbie73 posted:

Quote:

got good news late this afternoon….no cancer in the biopsies.

That’s awesome news! So happy to hear, Webbie73 !

YankeesGirl
    Participant

Hi Webbie,

That is great news regarding your biopsies! Made my day!

I have not setup the appt yet at Derm. Professionals.

Wanted to hear your thoughts about the docs there.

Thanks for the feedback and let us know how you do at the ENT.

Lisa P
    Participant

Great news on the biopsies and keep us posted on the rest. Sending good thoughts! Lisa

YankeesGirl
    Participant

Hi Webbie,

Seeing Dr. Kirk in a few weeks. Hope your ENT appt. went well today.

Webbie73
    Participant

Yankeesgirl, Glad you got an appointment. I hope you like her.

ENT visit went OK. Thing in the ear canal is cartilage growth. Nothing to worry about. He is referring me back to the dermatologist to have that biopsied.

Lisa P
    Participant

Well that sounds like good news — how are you feeling about it all?

Webbie73
    Participant

Lisa, I had a typo in my post. Let me clarify. Growth in the ear canal is just cartilage and nothing to worry about right now. I have a mole thingy on the concha part of my ear. That is what he is referring me back to the dermatologist to have biopsied. I go back on Oct. 31 to have my stitches removed so I will talk about that biopsy then.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.