• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cohanja
    Participant

This week I turn 39 years old and it will also be 2 years since Stage I melanoma diagnosis. It’s been a very difficult 2 years to say the least. In some ways it seems like an eternity ago, and when I think about the fact that you still have to worry about recurrence in 8 years 10 years, 15 years, it sometimes seems mentally daunting to think about still having to worry that many years out. I know the diagnosis could have been much worse and I hope I don’t ever have to deal with melanoma again physically, even though mentally it will always be with me.

Worrywart
    Participant

Congrats on two years! Thinking about our mortality is never fun – but it’s a fact of life that we have to worry about all kinds of diseases in 8 years, 10 years, 20 years. And risk of other terminal diseases get greater with age too – so much so that they might even trump your melanoma dx. So I’d just focus on the now, because you are healthy NOW!

PS we are same age. :) I turned 39 in June. ;)

waspkfd
    Participant

AWESOME NEWS!!!!! great to hear!!!! always glad to read the good stuff… Im 6months out some weirdness going on but hey gotta enjoy the day!!!!!! :D

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Good to hear all is well with both of you! Enjoy each moment.

jlo78
    Participant

Congratulations cohanja, I hope to be able to same the same thing two years out from now :D

wpatterson4
    Participant

Co-Hawn-Juh,

I’m feeling clairvoyant today:

I predict that your children will all live for a century or more and that you’ll be there to see every one of them not only graduate from college, but retire from their jobs, as well.

cohanja
    Participant

I’ll take that, where do I sign?

tbeau
    Participant

Congrats on 2 years Cohanja. This thread made me smile. Sometimes its nice to read something light on here!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stages I &II’ is closed to new topics and replies.