Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III 3 years, 3 months NED

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    XCguy
    Participant

I had a CT scan done this week and found out that I am still NED after 3 years and 3 months. Hooray!

While I’m obviously relieved, it only took a couple of days for all the familiar anxieties to creep back in. What if the CT scan didn’t pick up something because it’s too small? What if it’s in an area that wasn’t scanned? What if the radiation from the scan causes a metastasis?

Maybe you’ve had similar thoughts.

Someone inevitably says “Congratulations!”, as if I had anything to do with it. I’d like to think the supplements I take and my diet helped, but ultimately it’s probably just the will of God, or luck. Whatever it is, I’m just relieved. At least until I start thinking too much about it.

I don’t check in here very often anymore, but wanted to post this update. Three years ago I never thought I’d last this long. I hope this can be some inspiration for those who have a more recent diagnosis.

You are all in my prayers.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

It is so good to hear from you! Very happy to hear your news. You’ve come a long way! It is inspirational for others to hear your story as they start theirs. Thanks for dropping by.

goldfidler
    Participant

Hi XCguy…

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post your update. It is helpful to others, like me, who were newly inducted into the Melanoma Club in 2013. It provides encouragement and a glimmer of hope to see others who are years past their initial diagnosis.

I am/was a Stage IIIc, so my prognosis is/was grim and long-term statistics are not in my favor. However, with six months under my belt, I am feeling much better about the future than I was in June.

I hope to provide regular updates on this site, with the hope of helping someone else who might be going through the same. As Charissa mentions in another posting, I too found solace from the wisdom and support in this forum. When nobody seemed to understand what I was going through, the people of this forum provided the guidance and support I needed. And you just did it again.

Thank you…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.