Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV A few openings in a phase I PD I trial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Please check here for possible openings. We don’t know much about this PD1, but it could be promising: http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01352884?term=nct+01352884&rank=1

NYKaren
    Participant

Thanks for posting this, Catherine. Is it my imagination, or does this trial seem to be less restrictive? The issues that stand in my way w/Merck & BMS are measurable disease, measurable disease on prior-irradiated skin, prior Remicade use (don’t remember if that one is BMS or Merck). This is SO frustrating!

thanks,

karen

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

It is less restrictive, because it is phase I, just figuring out dosage, no true idea of efficacy yet.

LynnLuc
    Participant

This is my anti pd 1 trial-

Phase I Study of Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 (BMS-936558) and Vaccine Therapy Comprising gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in Patients With Resected Stage IV Melanoma

http://cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682183&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=10185044#EntryCriteria_CDR0000682183

There is NO concurrent use of steroids like Remicade…• At least 2 weeks since prior immunosuppressive doses of systemic medications, such as steroids or absorbed topical steroids (doses > 10 mg/day prednisone or equivalent)

Anti PD 1 helps keep the bodys immune system in overdrive and would defeat the purpose. I know I had some rashy hive like thing on my hands for two months, probably unrelated to the trial, and the derm doc rx’ed steroids, but my oncologist ( Dr Weber) found out before I started to take it and said no way…the rash eventually healed without the use of it.

LucyG
    Participant

Claritin helps me with the rash I get from the chemo meds I take.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.