Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Abraxane Therapy?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zephyr66
    Participant

hi all. amy is not doing well. she progressed on the braf/mek trial at a year mark and i just had to take her to the ER about 5 days ago. new ct scan shows major progression and spread – lung, liver and other spots. i don’t think she will qualify for studies at this point due to her weakness and liver values. dr. ribas at ucla suggested trying Abraxane therapy? can anyone tell me anything about this? we have almost run out of options.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Abraxane is also known as Taxol, it was first derived from the Yew tree. It is approved for a few other cancer groups, but not melanoma. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/druginfo/fda-nanoparticle-paclitaxel

I haven’t seen any evidence of melanoma patients responding to it and I would be hesitant looking at the side effects. But I know you are looking for something to help! Is she well enough to try the ADC therapy? Not sure if any open trials though but we could look for that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.