Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Accessing PD1 in China

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Silkroad
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried both Merck and BMS and neither has their trials in China. So our option now is to travel to another country which can be a problem for Chinese citizens since we need to get a visa. The only country we can go to now is the U.S. Can anyone give me a ballpark number on the monthly medical expenses (including the drug and everything we need to pay) if we are paying for it?

Also, other than PD1, is there any other option for mucosal melanoma/BRAF wildtype if none of the trials will be available to us, e.g. ipi? Our doctor said that for mets in the spinal canal, chemo won’t work:( My mom is very weak now after the surgery. I am not sure whether she can go through the chemo if we decide to try this lower than 20% response rate option.

Thank you very much!

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I think Japan would be a better prospect for you travel wise, closer. The PD1 by BMS is approved there and available. If you wanted to come to the U.S. I would lean towards UCLA, here is their information on becoming a patient there: http://www.uclahealth.org/site.cfm?id=170

Cost would be very hard to figure out without consulting the place you plan to go. Your mother is quite lucky to have you looking out for her. I hope something works out and please let us know.

Silkroad
    Participant

Hi,Catherine,

Thank you very much! I will check it out. And also thank you for saying the encouraging words. I have been feeling that I have not done enough and this is such a frustrating process. Thanks.

Rong

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.