Home Forums For Caregivers Only Amy’s PET Scan Results – WOW!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zephyr66
    Participant

Well, we finally have some really good news. After getting a prognosis of 4 to 6 months to live about 8 months ago, Amy started her alternative treatment in Mexico and also did Zelboraf and then combo of Zelboraf and IPI (doc gave us that choice even though it is not standard practice and is still in trials). tumors had metastasized to two areas in her spine and lung. Pleural and pericardial effusions within the last 9 months. The zelboraf shrank the spinal tumors enough to give her some relief but she was still in a lot of pain. She went through IPI without many side effects. Now we’re 7 weeks post last IPI infusion.

Oncologist was rather surprised to say the least because he said the lung tumor is completely gone (only some scar tissue) and lower set of spinal tumors completely gone and upper set of spinal tumors very close to being completely gone. He said his hunch based on the dramatic reversal is that the small area lit up on the upper set of spinal tumors is from the effusion and he is thinking it’s not cancer. In order to rule this out and confirm his suspicions, he wants to do a CT scan in 6 weeks on that area. He said she is close to cancer free.

Whether it was the Mexico treatment, the IPI or the prayers, it doesn’t matter. My belief is it’s everything combined. We are thrilled. We told doc we were planning our first get away in about a year to Las Vegas this weekend and he said, “you may as well go, cause you already won.”. YES!!

Thought I’d share the good news. I know reading about the good fortune of others in this forum really helped me. Now, just enjoy life, hope it all holds and keep doing all we can to keep Amy healthy. :D

DadZGirl
    Participant

Dear Sylvia,

GREAT NEWS! Thanks for the update I had been wondering about you both!!

That is so awesome! I hope Amy is feeling well enough to celebrate and go on a trip

soon!

:P

Laura

zephyr66
    Participant

Laura,

Yep, we are leaving Thursday for a long weekend! It’s like she just came to life about a week ago. Remarkable. Thank you very much.

Sylvia :mrgreen:

dkmc
    Participant

:D Wonderful, wonderful news!!! The good news is so needed for us all. You all have been thru so much & cont. to fight on & like Don, Amy became one of the lucky ones. Enjoy this time together. Have a great trip. Karen

abdorma
    Participant

What great news!!!! Enjoy every minute of your vacation. Wishing you many more!

ann

:D

bettin
    Participant

How good to read news like this!!! I hope you enjoyed your break away and your doc is so right- you already won!!

Take care and all the best to both of you-

Bettina

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Sylvia, wishing you the best weekend for relaxing and restoration. You both deserve it. And your partner is very fortunate to have you there beside her, every step of the way.

Bettina, so good to hear from you. Thank you for coming back to visit us with your wisdom and knowledge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘For Caregivers Only’ is closed to new topics and replies.