Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Anorectal Melanoma Cure in India

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    prakash
    Participant

Hi all,

Nice to see a forum created for Melanoma care. My father is recently diagnosed for Anorectal Melanoma and would need any help in suggesting non-invasive treatments for him. He recently underwent CABG 4 months back and just recovered.

I’ve been going through the forums and would like to know if anyone succeeded, even partially in controlling this disease. Also any suggestions/case study, had any one went on alternate treatment plans like Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Siddha would definitely help me prognosis during this initial stage.

His stage testing is done today and we’re awaiting results.

Thanks,

Prakash G

prakash
    Participant

Hi,

I could sense that no-one is able to provide the support I requested for. Yet there is an update from my end, as the diagnosis reports came in today. My dad’s liver and nodes around his abdomen and upper arms are affected along with the lump in his ano-rectal area.

Docs suggesting that surgery may not yield result and advice if Interferon or any other drug be given in consultation with an Oncology consultant.

Had any one taken-up such drugs and what are the impacts / side effects ? Is it good to continue this to keep the growth of Melanoma cells under control ? Do write please.

However, my dad is still active and there is no complain of any pains.

Regards,

Prakash G

Worrywart
    Participant

Since you’ve recvd no response here, you may want to visit http://www.mpip.org. Anorectal melanoma is very rare but I am pretty sure there are some members on mpip who have dealt/are dealing with this subtype of melanoma. My best to you and your family.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This sounds like stage 4 mucosal melanoma and you might get a better response in our stage IV section. Just so you know MPIP is not moderated for scientific accuracy so be sure to look on sites such as NCI.gov for further information. We have not figured out a lot about mucosal melanoma, patients are allowed in some trials for cutaneous and not in others. The C-kit mutation has been implicated and then Gleevac given, but not a home run therapy. Sorry there is not any further information at this time but hopefully soon. It is a rare form of melanoma.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.