Home Forums Newly Diagnosed Stage III/IV Another quick question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    calliegirl
    Participant

I just received the path report from my wide excision and SNB, lymph node says melanoma deposits are seen in the subcapsular space and superficial parenchymal. No extra capsular extension.

My brain MRI was clear, my lung CTscan showed one node in my lung, but my surgeon feels this should just be watched and we should go ahead with the total dissection. Does this unknown lung node change my stage , any any information you can give me on the pathology of the lymph node would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much

Patti

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

How many nodes had melanoma?> Was it micro or macroscopic?

calliegirl
    Participant

Sorry for the delayed response, only one node was tested, deposits were ~1mm, would that be micro? Also what of the node on my lung? Surgery scheduled next week for dissection.

I really appreciate and respect your responses

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Was it the Sentinel Node? I would think that would be micro. which is less risky. Nodes on the lung are often seen and more times than not turn out to be benign. They usually watch them to make sure. Are you going to a melanoma center?

calliegirl
    Participant

Yes, it was just the one sentinel node. I’m going to Beth Israel Deaconess, Boston. I’m very trusting of my surgeon but will be grilling the oncologist. I was always a frequent blood, platelet donor, I’ve always wanted to give back somehow as I have had a glorious life. I take my treatment options as a giving back too but foremost want my family and family situation to be recognized as major components to all my decision making. My husband is disabled, wheelchair user, we have been together 30 years and my son at home is also disabled, mild MR, a wonderful kid.

I have no idea why I just include this last bit of info, lol. I guess I want to be thought of as more than nodes and scans.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

You are going to a good center that I would have confidence in, but you could get another opinion. You sound like a very generous soul. Hope it all works out well for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Newly Diagnosed Stage III/IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.