Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Anti pd 1 for Brent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sharmon
    Participant

Hi, this is Sharon, Brents wife.

He started the anti PD 1 trial for Merck yesterday at Moffitt and has been randomized to the 10mg arm.

I questioned the trial cordinator as to openings and she said they are expecting more openings for this trial.

When I questioned about when, I was told soon. I also asked about the new trial with chemo first then crossover to the Merck drug and she said that wasn’t a complete package yet.

When I asked Dr. Weber about the PD-l1 being needed as a marker for the Pd -1 to be effective, he said that wasn’t panning out to be the case.

I will keep you udated as to side effects and results. Dr. Weber did say that if it is working Brent should feel it soon, in that, his pain should be less as time goes on.

Blessings to you all.

Sharon and Brent

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Fingers crossed this works for Brent quickly to ease his pain and tumor burden. Thanks for asking some important questions. I will have the list for the additional slots asap. As I told James in the other post, I’m on it! We look forward to you reporting back how things go.

jamesa
    Participant

Hi Sharon,

It is great that Brent got the high dose 10 MG. I am sure you were happy that the doctor/nurse told you which arm you were randomized to. Some randomized trials keep the patient BLIND to which arm they are randomized to.

I think that it is wonderful that Merck allowed you to know which arm you got.

My best wishes that this trial is Brent’s answer to getting closer to his cure. Please keep us updated on Brent’s condition.We all care about you.

James

Anonymous

Three cheers for Sharon & Brent! Praying for a great, long lasting response (like NED!!) !

Jeff

Shirley Z
    Participant

Hi Sharon,

Thinking of you both and sending you lots of prayers your way for great results.

Shirley Z

denisem0725
    Participant

Good luck! I hope it is successful for you. My grandmother also sees Dr. Weber. She is on zelboraf. I will keep your family in my thoughts.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

James you make a valid point. I believe Pati is on the same exact trial and she was “blinded” from knowing which dosage she had. I will check with the company.

jamesa
    Participant

Catherine,

That is very interesting that Pati was not told which arm she was randomized 2-10MG. Does Pati have any idea what dosage she is getting. I am sure Pati would like to know.

Please let us know if Merck confirms whether or not patients can be told how much dosage/ randomized arm they are in. It really should not matter where/ location you are participating in the clinical trial. Right???

James

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

This is not a blinded study, so Pati could have known when she started. She was told actually recently and she is getting the 10mg. So we were under the mistaken impression that it was blinded.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.