- This topic is empty.
March 1, 2014 at 4:54 am #21835odonoghue80Participant
I just committed to start on the Anti-KIR (Lirilumab) and Anti-PD1 (Nivolumab) combination trial today. I feel fortunate that my oncologist offered this today because my understanding this trial is accruing fairly slow. This is a phase 1 trial so they are still testing the toxicity of the combination of both drugs. I’m not sure what to expect, but this was opening and there wasn’t too much exclusions. In fact, I think you had to have already tried IPI and BRAF.
I still have to pass the screening part of the trial and I’m especially worried about the “washout” part. This washout means I will have no protection against my cancer for the next 28 days. It seems like a long time! I have been on a BRAF inhibitor for the last 14 months and now I will have no defense during this time period. Also, I’m nervous that my tumors will grow, or worse, new tumors (especially to the brain) can end up excluding me from the trial. I’m happy to going forward, but like I said, this washout makes me nervous.
On the other hand, for those out there who are still looking for Anti-PD1, there are some trials going again.
ShaneMarch 1, 2014 at 12:36 pm #63709Catherine PooleKeymaster
This is great news. I have another patient on this trial who is doing quite well. It is still new so not much concrete evidence about this combo. Try not to worry about being off the meds, I’m sure there will be some residual effect to tide you over! Keep in touch.March 3, 2014 at 4:40 pm #63710marta010Participant
shane – What trial location were you accepted into?March 3, 2014 at 6:05 pm #63711kylezParticipant For a (probably complete?) list of sites go to the BMS site at . Choose “Click Here for Complete U.S. Site Information”. If one you’re interested in says “not yet recruiting” you may want to contact them anyway, in case the listing is not up-to-date, or in case they can tell you when they think slots might be opening. http://www.bms.com/studyconnect/Pages/ProtocolPage.aspx?govid=CA223-001,NCT01714739 ” class=”bbcode_url”> http://www.bms.com/studyconnect/Pages/ProtocolPage.aspx?govid=CA223-001,NCT01714739
The Portalnd Providence clinical trials program (one of the sites) is here,
. For a list of their trials click the “Clinical Trials” link for the next page. http://oregon.providence.org/our-services/p/providence-cancer-center-clinical-trials/ ” class=”bbcode_url”> http://oregon.providence.org/our-services/p/providence-cancer-center-clinical-trials/March 3, 2014 at 10:19 pm #63712odonoghue80Participant Hi, I am enrolled on the trial at University of Chicago. I happened to be visiting them on the day it opened (I think) so I was fortunate. The link is below: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01714739?term=Anti-PD1&rank=5
I contacted a few other centers ahead of time as well, but most places seemed that they were accruing very slowly.
However, depending on your exclusions/inclusions it seems there might be other types of Anti-PD1 combos out there.March 13, 2014 at 5:15 pm #63713dlingParticipant
Does anybody know if this combo trial (anti-PD1 and anti-KIR) is showing strong early signs? Because it’s so early for this trial, it’s hard to decide between it and potentially other alternatives. My dad has melanoma and we’re trying to make a decision between this trial or potentially another.
I wish you all the best.
DaveMarch 13, 2014 at 6:51 pm #63714Catherine PooleKeymaster
The anti-Pd1 is pretty well known to have high response rates. It is going to be available out of trial too in a few weeks (read about it here) Don’t have any real evidence about the anti-kir yet.March 13, 2014 at 7:10 pm #63715dlingParticipant Catherine,
Thank so much for you for your reply. Is there supposed to be a link about the anti-PD-1 availability? If there is I can’t access it — can you please re-post the link?
Do you know if the PD-1/KIR trial has been enlarged? We’re trying to get a feel for what trials might make sense before we see dad’s oncologist again.
I appreciate your help so much.
- The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.