Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Any Chemo Success stories?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ncdaniel
    Participant

My wife is currently being treated with three chemo drugs and I am wondering if anyone has had success with this or at least tumor reduction. She is getting Cisplatin, Vinblastine (velban) and Temozolomide (temodar). She has had her cancer progress rapidly in the last month with new tumors on the small intestine and on her back plus tumors from before on both lungs and adreanal gland. She has had Gammaknife for seven mets followed by WBR and now has one new spot on the brain. She had one dose of Yervoy last February with server colitis. Tried for PD-1 trial but was rejected by BMMS due to Yervoy issues. Still fighting and hoping going for radiation on lung tumor since it is now starting to close off her airway. Hoping more PD-1 opportunities open up.[code] and now has one new spot on the brain. She had one dose of Yervoy last February with server colitis. Tried for PD-1 trial but was rejected by BMMS due to Yervoy issues. Still fighting and hoping going for radiation on lung tumor since it is now starting to close off her airway. Hoping more PD-1 opportunities open up.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

The ADC trial by Genentech has a few openings soon at Sarah Cannon in Nashville. It delivers a strong chemo to the tumor, not systemically. I do not know of success with those chemos you mention for melanoma. Sorry things have taken this turn for you. See Jonathan’s post for more info on the ADC.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.