We wanted to get my husband Tim into EAP, but he had brain mets. He had gamma knife surgery on them and chose to go on temodar while waiting for Anti PD1 approval. Does anyone have any information about when FDA approval will happen? He was diagnosed in Nov.,2011 and has had interferon, radiation, yervoy and carbo-taxol.
I am assuming he is braf negative? Sorry, no word yet, but probably the fall. If his brain mets are stable, then he can join the EAP. He should try to get signed up anyway. What location are you trying?
Yes, he is Braf negative. We went to University of Pittsburgh and met with them to get him into EAP in early April. I understand they are not opening EAP there yet. Then he had the MRI done that showed the brain mets. He had the gamma knife on May 2nd. How long would he have to wait to try for a stable MRI? He is being treated at Ohio State James cancer center.
Pittsburgh is not opening an EAP for PD1 I was told. I can help you find other locations. I believe Philadelphia area centers are opening now, one in NJ. Showing about 5 in Ohio, not sure how close they are to accrual. Cleveland Clinic is one you might try. I can email you the list if you email me: firstname.lastname@example.org for Ohio if you’d like.
My husband had stereotactic radiosurgery for brain lesion and started eap pd1 within 2 weeks. I don’t believe there is a “waiting” period as long as they are off steroids. We are being treated at The Angeles Clinic in Los Angeles with Dr. Hamid.
Is it true that I need to have failed yervoy in order to get in the PD1 trial? I am confused. I have been on Zelboraf for a year and have now switched to Tafinlar because of sun sensitivity. I have remained stable but require blood transfusions frequently. Would like to see shrinkage as this stops the blood loss.