Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III anyone dizzy?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cheryl
    Participant

I am at a stage3A . I had a total dissection of the lymph nodes under my armpit three weeks ago and they came back good.I feel pretty good, but I am always getting dizzy spells. They said i was slightly anemic, so she went ahead and did an mri of the brain, which came back clear. I am still waiting for the results of the pet scan of my body , to see if that is good. I started taking some iron supplements a week ago to help with the dizziness, if it because i am low on iron. Anyone else with the same problem? Any insight on why i would be dizzy? And no, i am not doing any treatment at this time.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Being dizzy can result from an inner ear problem, associated with allergies or other respiratory issues. Or it could be from emotional panic condition, or a number of other issues. It is doubtful it is from your melanoma issues. But clear it up with your doctor so you have peace of mind. Let us know how you are doing.

Linny
    Participant

There are a number of causes of dizziness, so it doesn’t necessarily have to be melanoma-related. For example, stress, blood pressure issues, not eating right, blood sugar issues, certain medications, etc., can also cause dizziness. You might want to pay a visit to your primary doc to get to the bottom of this and get yourself back on track. The last thing you need is to have a fall as a result of the dizziness.

I had a full LND done and had no issues with dizziness after the surgery.

msue5
    Participant

Hi Cheryl

I am a Stage 3b and for appox 10 years I have had a condition called BPPV(benign positional vertigo). It comes and goes and has very specific symptoms. Look it up. Also is your dizziness like being woozy and weak or is it like the room spinning around (vertigo). If nothing turns up melanoma wise and it is vertigo not dizziness you should see an ENT that works with balance issues. I hope it is not related to your melanoma. Let us know and if its vertigo I can answer some questions if you have any.

Mary Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.