Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Anyone on BRAF/MEK inhibitor and Herceptin?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eileen L
    Participant

Hi, I am a seven year Stage IV survivor. Been on the Genentech/Roche BRAF/MEK inhibitor Phase 1 trial for over two years and have been NED for my melanoma for about a year. I have lived long enough to develop breast cancer! Looks like I am HER2+ so treatment of choice is Herceptin. Anyone have any experience being on this combination? My oncologist hasn’t heard of anyone in my situation but is making inquiries.

The lesson from my story is keep on getting all those pesky age appropriate screening exams. I put off getting routine mammography because I kept on thinking I was going to die of my melanoma, but here I am with another cancer to deal with!

Eileen

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

So sorry to hear you are dealing with all of this. I am not sure of the mechanism of herceptin, but I would thoroughly discuss how these drugs might interact. Hang in there and let us know how things are going.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.