Home Forums Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II Back to the drawing board

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    waspkfd
    Participant

I don’t know if I explained in my first findings of Melanoma,

I was going through anxiety, mass headaches and just complete :? fatigue I mean I was completely on edge and very hard to get along with 😈 , this went on for about 3 months and I have never felt these things before and thought for certain it would pass , just before I was about to make a Doc apt to figure out what was going on, the Melanoma appeared…Long story short They chopped it out and I have felt on top of the world the last 6-8 weeks with every apt I felt better and better,,,

Well the last week or so I have been feeling the same crazy symptoms as I did before the removal ,,

yesterday I had a follow up visit and told my DOC/SURGEON what was going on and she ordered a pet scan for tomorrow sheesh,, Theses doc move fast around here …..I cant find any info that links Melanoma with the symptoms??? Is my Doc being over cautious ?

Again this morning as I wake with another piercing headache and kinda hard to get my head straight for the day… :|

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I am thinking the doctor wants to do a brain scan to rule out brain mets. But certainly headaches can be caused by many things from sinus issues to stress. I hope they have provided some medication for the discomfort and you will get the results soon to see if anything is going on. Let us know.

waspkfd
    Participant

HEY CAtherine

Got scan done today and even got a copy from the operator :D … LOL now I wish I didn’t 😮 , Ive read up on the scan about hot spots.. lol… I guess best to wait to hear the info from them,, IM NOT A DOC……. but very cool tool :geek: ..im trying to see if the hot spot I see are normal?? I don’t really see a mass, but spots.. under the liver and heart very bright but like I said Im not a doc also a little small dot mid brain level.. No im not jumping to conclusions but very interesting indeed…

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Let us know what the doctor/radiologist says. I hope it is nothing of concern.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Any news?

waspkfd
    Participant

Hi Catherine

We had a foot of snow overnight. so some of the tech didn’t make it in. maybe tomorrow….

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Give them a call and be a squeaky wheel. They should let you know. Gosh a foot of snow! Where do you live?

waspkfd
    Participant

HEy CATHERINE

been out for a bit, got the call 2 days ago, they say everythings looking good…so I guess I will wait toil it appears again…. sheeesh this sucks!!

Eos99
    Participant

Hi waspkfd,

I have to respond to the only guy who abuses emoticons more than I do. 😆 Seriously though, I am glad you got good news.

Wait? The mantra all over this board is go live your life. Best wishes! 8-)

waspkfd
    Participant

Hey EOS!!! :D

Ya I think they really help to get messages across , so no one misunderstands ya…

I guess I was really hopeing it would return, 😮 (from what ive read in kinda travels in pairs), and chop it out,,and be done with it,, But ya Im livin man not so much worried but Im starting to get anal about covering up,, :ugeek: I work construction so the long dog daze in the sun are coming :| ,,, but Ill keep on keeping on… :mrgreen:

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Good news! Happy to hear it for my weekend! :D

waspkfd
    Participant

THANX CATHERINE!!!

Worrywart
    Participant

I am so glad the scan was clean! Great news!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.