Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV BCG update for us

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sandatucson
    Participant

Hello!

I have not posted in a while, but I just got the hopeful video of survivors stories and thought it was a good time to post an update about my husband.

Harry started treatment here in Tucson and then we switched to John Wayne Cancer center, Santa Monica, CA.

We decided to change from Tucson to LA because we decided to seek a vaccine type treatment.

As one of the people in the video said, we too were not interested in treatment that would give us months with tons of side effects.

John Wayne offered us the BCG vaccine, as Harry’s melanoma with the BRAF analysis, his overall good condition, having had surgery, ILI and radiation treatments, made him a good candidate for the regimen.

We are thrilled o report that after the 12 mos. PET scan Harry is doing great and no trace of melanoma in his body!

Side effects from BCG were almost non existent.

rosa11
    Participant

What is this BCG vaccine you are talking about? Is it still in the trial face or is it FDA approved?

Rosa

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Here’s a link about vaccines, which have a mixed response. We also did a webinar on this: http://melanomainternational.org/webinar/2011/01/vaccines-for-melanoma-where-are-we

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.