Home Forums For Caregivers Only Becoming My Own Caregiver

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DadZGirl
    Participant

Hi Catherine and All,

Since Dad passed I have been playing catch up on my own health needs. Boy did I get behind. I did take care of myself as much as possible while caring for Dad but all my regular tune-ups were pushed aside. In the last week I had my annual “check under the hood”, and dental cleaning, mammogram and FULL BODY SKIN CHECK are next week!

For all of you that are still caring for someone besides yourself I want you to know I am thinking of you. For those of us who have had to turn the page I hope you sign up to be your own Caregiver and can focus on you for awhile. The support of this forum keeps me going!

Hugs to each and everyone of you here!

Laura

abdorma
    Participant

Hey Laura,

So good to hear from you! And I was so glad you chimed in on your experience with oncologists, doctors, etc response when your dad died. You are a wise lady! I hope you are doing okay. Having helped take care of my dad when he was dying, I know in some ways, dealing with his death was so much easier. But I am sure you miss him muchly!!!!

And thanks for the reminder about taking care of ourselves as my own PA said to me last month when I ended up there for chest xray and blood work for bad cough I couldn’t shake. Told her I didn’t think I could even schedule a mammogram and know I could make it right now but you are right!

Keep in touch and I surely hope you are also getting to do some fun stuff for you that isn’t just related to medical exams!

ann

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Such wise advice we get from each other here. Laura, thanks for being in touch still and reminding us all to take care of ourselves. I sometimes feel like a caregiver to all of you and forget my own check ups etc. This year I’ve done it all, colonoscopy, mammogram etc.

I so appreciate the sharing of wisdom from all of you here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘For Caregivers Only’ is closed to new topics and replies.