Home Forums Melanoma: Stage III Beginning IPI

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I would also keep you eye out for a potential therapy in the future, plan B. It seems we need a combination of things to beat melanoma and sometimes one agent doesn’t do it. We’ll be thinking of you and let us know if we can help.

lindamg
    Participant

Thanks for all the recent information posted here to my question.

We are looking ahead and seems for the worst case that pursuing a PD-1 trial after ipi would be potentially be a good combination. Still hoping of course to stay stage IIIC.

Linda

lindamg
    Participant

Steve and I are wondering if this recurrence means a change in his IIIC status? We are meeting with his oncologist this afternoon who has implied that he will be out of the ipi trial, but can continue treatment (stage IV?). The new spot was between his original on the left side and the left armpit (no lymph nodes there anymore) and seems like it is still local to me.

Thank you for any possible opinions on this.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I don’t know if the doctor will split hairs on this or not, could go either way. Steve can still do the IPI by prescription if it is 3C unresectable or IV. Might be better to be IV just because of the additional options.

lindamg
    Participant

Final news from scans today and there are multiple small tumors in Steve’s lungs and vertebrae as well as the subcutaneous ones. It is quite a change from the last scan less than three months ago with no detectable disease. The only possible glimmer of good news is that there is nothing in the brain. It’s a shock, as so many on this board know. We are looking for a PD-1 trial, but I’ll post about that in the Stage IV section.

He did finish his fourth ipi infusion outside the trial.

Thank to all for the advice here.

Linda

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Stage III’ is closed to new topics and replies.