Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Biomarker identifies melanoma patients who may respond to im

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jamesa
    Participant

With so many people participating in Merck’s EAP, I think that this article and findings is interesting.

Biomarker identifies melanoma patients who may respond to immunotherapy:

http://www.oncologynurseadvisor.com/biomarker-identifies-melanoma-patients-who-may-respond-to-immunotherapy/article/343319/

James

Jonathan
    Participant

Hi James,

Hope you are well.

That’s an interesting biomarker finding, but if you’re a patient or doc, it would be hard to make a treat-no treat decision based on that difference in response. It tells you your odds are better or worse than the average patient, but not a certainty, right?

However, I bet this means they’ll be able to identify a better marker in the future.

Best,

Jonathan

jamesa
    Participant

Jonathan,

Good to hear from you. I agree with you completely.

I think about you often. Have you decided to move on to Merck EAP? If so, I hope that you do not have to travel much to get the treatment.

Is there a “wash out” period with Merck EAP?

I will continue to pray for you and Francoise. Please keep us posted.

James

Jonathan
    Participant

James,

Yes, I’m now definitely moving on to the Merck EAP, most probably at Yale, which is convenient and my medical “home base.” They’re supposed to open in 3 weeks – mid-May, which is pretty close (sometimes it feels like tomorrow, sometimes an eternity). I haven’t seen anything about a wash-out period before the EAP. I’m scheduled for another infusion at Sarah Cannon in 2 weeks, but I’m thinking of scrubbing that – I’m getting increasingly nasty side-effects the week following treatments…

Take good care, and I appreciate your continuing good thoughts and prayers.

Jonathan

jamesa
    Participant

Hey Jonathan,

I am so happy for you moving on to Merck EAP at Yale. You finally are getting a chance to do a “real” Pd1 drug not like Curetech. You were robbed by Curetech!

Just as a suggestion, now that you are transitioning out of ADC, you might want post under a NEW Topic a recap/overview of your experience with the ADC clinical trial IE: your mets going into trial and results of your final scans indicating the “effectiveness” of ADC, side effects, treatment schedule, and your overall opinion of your experience.

Other people are now hearing about ADC and are posting questions. This way people can find a summary of your experience without having to read all your old posts.

Jonathan, you have a way with words and are very articulate. If you have time to post, I am sure people would benefit from reading a recap/overview of your experience with the ADC clinical trial. Just my 2 cents

Good Luck my friend with PD1. As always, praying for you & Francoise.

James

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

James,

Jonathan is in the hospital for what may be some surgery in the next day. I think however, what he’s written so far is really great to understand the ADC. Continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he is hitting a rough patch.

jamesa
    Participant

Catherine,

Thank you so much for letting me know about Jonathan. Please keep us posted about him. I am concerned. I hope others will see our post and pray for me.

James

Jonathan
    Participant

Thanks as always James.

I’m still in the local hospital under observation, hoping to avoid surgery on my small intestine where the block keeps recurring. But it may be best to get it done now. There would be a month before I could then begin the Merck EAP, which isn’t a big delay.

I will certainly do what you suggest and write a recap of my experience on the ADC drug, when I’m not using my iPad (at home). I’ll try to be concise – various people have told me I tend to be verbose….

All the best,

Jonathan

msue5
    Participant

Jonathan

Hope all goes well. I am going to have major Abd surgery in the next few weeks and not looking forward to it. Surgery # 8 in 4 years and 4th on Abdomen. I am wishing it would be soon so I don’t have to agonize about it. Good luck and may you have an easy recovery.

Mary Sue

Anonymous

Jonathan:

Hang in there guy. Can’t wait to start reading your essays on the EAP. Always a great read.

BTW, you’re NOT verbose…and you don’t use a lot of words either.

Jeff

jamesa
    Participant

Jonathan,

Totally agree with Jeff..love to read your posts!

If you are recovering from surgery…I hope you are up & around quickly.

Please keep us posted.

Praying for you my friend

James

Jonathan
    Participant

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts, folks (especially about my writing style!). I just wrote a longer thing summarizing my experience with the ADC drug on a different thread about DEDN6526A that I hope will be helpful – but I’m out of the hospital and doing pretty well on a liquid diet (adding on new goodies tomorrow), and waiting to get anti-PD1 in the EAP. Maybe just 2 or 3 weeks – can’t wait…

Best,

Jonathan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.