• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    georgie430
    Participant

Hi

Its been a long time since I’ve been here. I came several years ago for a suspicious mole or two that have been removed. Yesterday I noticed a small round bleeding wound on my shoulder. I did try to remove the scab that I know believe is a mole. It doesn’t look like any other wound.

I did wear a new bra the day before that had a metal (thing?) right where the mole is, I do remember tugging at it because it was tight!! I feel that I may have worsened my situation

by causing the friction.

Calling Monday morning for an appt. Just know where I live, you have to wait a while.

Is there anything I can put on it?? I did put sterile gauze under a different bra strap, so I could bear the pressure of the bra.

Thank you for any advice.

Sorry one more question, last time I went to derm. he did not do a full body pics. Is that done routinely if you have a lot of moles??

Thanks…..georgie

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Yes it is a good idea to have full body photos to keep track of moles, and if might help you now. But get it checked and see what the doctors suggests for that area that is bleeding. Hopefully it won’t be of concern. Let us know.

georgie430
    Participant

Thank-you Catherine!!

I missed my appt. as my car broke down, re-scheduled for Tues the !0-8-13.

However, I’ am so relieved but also very embarrassed, my 9 yr. old daughter stated “thats an ugly tic”. I couldn’t get a good luck at it, and the pics I took with my phone are not very clear. Sure enough poured some alcohol and had her wait for movement!! Yes I was relieved, saved the tic and will be keeping my appt. As I have other skin issues but not as serious as mel.

I’m so thankful that this website is here.

georgie430- Denise

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma: Newly Diagnosed – Stages I & II’ is closed to new topics and replies.