Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV BMS-936558 Compassionate Use Access

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sandalwood36
    Participant

Does anyone know whether BMS has a compassionate use program for BMS-936558 (Anti PD1)? My husband was excluded from the trial at MSKCC due to new small brain mets & he desperately needs anti pd1. Does anyone know anything about petitoning/applying for “single patient” compassionate use access?

We have an appt. with the radilogy onc this Fri. to discuss brain radiation options. Can anyone explain the differences between Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife & full brain radiology? Why would a doc choose one over the other? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? Hopefully the brain radiation will stabilize the brain mets, but according to his onc his liver may not last the 2 months necessary after stabilization to get into the BMS-936558 trial.

frannny
    Participant

This is the phone number for The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute

310- 231- 2183, one of the clinical trials coordinators might be able to answer your question.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Regarding the radiation question, it is best to avoid whole brain radiation if possible. Please view our webinar on brain radiation, click on the webinars tab above in BLUE Regarding compassionate use, that is a hard nut to crack for sure. I don’t know how or where you would start, possibly your own doctor. But it is very infrequent they offer that. I will check around for you though.

Sandalwood36
    Participant

THANK YOU SO MUCH Franny & Catherine!

You are true angels!

Please keep me updated if you find out any additional info.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I know for the clinical trials of which there are many for the BMS pd1 and Merck Pd1, the brain mets need to be resolved first. I will double check. Compassionate use would be initiated by your doctor. It is really tough to get. Still looking into this though.

Sara
    Participant

My doctor asked BMS for anti pd1 on compassionate grounds for me but we were turned down. I can’t find anyone who has been granted this, but please don’t let that put you off trying, the more people that bang on the door the better. Best of luck x

Sandalwood36
    Participant

Ty again Catherine.

Sara so sorry to hear that they turned you down. Did they say why? Are you in a trial now? Hope you’re doing well.

We saw the rad onc today and Bob will start whole brain radiation and spine radiation on Mon. Can’t use Gamma knife because there are 5 small (< 1cm) tumors in his brain. Logic is that there are probably others that are too small to detect yet, and WBR will get them all. Once radiation is complete he will have to wait 4 more weeks (assuming brain mets are stabilized) to get into pd1 trial. In the meantime I am still investigating compassionate use access. Bob also needed 2 more units of blood transfused today. Apparently his stomach tumor still has a “slow leak”. This disease is a never ending nightmare that is so very cruel to all involved. May god help us all…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.