Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV BMS Makes $1B Investment in Manufacturing Facility in MA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gostan
    Participant

I received the following article in my monthly copy of the Worcester Business Journal today.

http://www.wbjournal.com/article/20130519/METROWEST02/305179999

I know that we all are beyond interested in the latest clinical studies that the pharmaceutical companies have in store now or on the horizon as we all explore the options out there to treat our melanoma or that of our loved ones. And, we are all cognizant of the $$$ that Merck & BMS and others are pouring into research. But, what I had never really thought about the $$$ investment that BMS and others make in the physical manufacturing plants necessary to produce these drugs for our safe use.

Not sure exactly what is being manufactured by BMS @ Devens, but I raised an eyebrow when I read that “the new construction will add capabilities, including early production of investagational biologics medicines and manufacturing to support clinical drug trials.” Why, maybe the trial I am beginning on Tuesday or that one of us will be taking part in the future, will be manufactured just down the road from me here in Massachusetts. Thanks BMS!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.