Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Bone met in foot… radiation?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dhrahn
    Participant

We just got the confirmation that one of the bones in my husbands foot has been taken over by melanoma (supposedly rare). Anyway our options are 1- continue to deal with pain or 2- try radiation. We are wondering has anyone had radiation to foot? This is his first bone met so not even sure what bone radiation is like? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Holly

GeoW
    Participant

Holly, I can’t comment on bone mets specifically to the foot but my wife had radiation to mets in pelvic bone, right and left femurs with very good results. She had minimal side affects (only minor rash at radiation site). Pain relief started quickly around half way thru the 10 treatments for each met and she continues to be pain free from those mets today. I know not everyone responds the same to radiation, but for her it has been the easiest treatment regimen she has had while fighting melanoma. Good luck. George

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Radiation has come a long way in being very targeted and great for pain relief. I would definitely give this a try. So sorry to hear of this and pain is such a terrible thing to endure.

dhrahn
    Participant

Thank you both for your responses!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.