Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV BRAF& MEK inhibitors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Violeta
    Participant

When looking for a plan B for my sister (in case is falling to meet anti PD1trial criteria or in case of fast progress of her disease) we were advised for one of these combinations:

Dabrafenib andTrametinib (GSK)

Zelboraf and Cobimetinib (La Roche)

Any thoughts, info or experiences with these?

Violeta
    Participant

In clinical trials with these combinations prior therapy with BRAF and MEK inhibitors is exclusion criteria and my sister already had zelboraf, so cannot qualify. Already contact the advocacy organization from Europe for advise…Anyway searching tonight I found a trial which will start recruiting at the beginning of December and looks to receive patients with prior BRAF and MEK therapies. The locations, only in US, are Boston, New Brunswick, New Jersey, and Houston, Texas. You can write to investigator to find out more.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01970956?term=melanoma+dabrafenib+trametinib&rank=1. Maybe can help, although I think most of you know it.

MathewR
    Participant

Violeta, I am have been on the GSK combo since August. It is my first treatment since Stage IV diagnosis (heavy tumor burden). At my 8 week scans, I had 50-70 percent reduction in tumor size. In general, I feel great–thankfully, I’ve had very few side effects, all of which have been very manageable.

Violeta
    Participant

Thanks Mat, very nice results! What is very good about braf inhibitor is that is quite fast.

edit:

My sister disease is progressing quite fast. She did not respond to Yervoy treatment. Her doctor in Romania said he believes she will resist an other month until going on anti-PD1, but I am not so confident. :( We will see what the doctor investigator will decide next month. Is so hard to wait especially when I hear that her health is degrading and tumors growing, but on the other hand there is no way to go immediately on the trial with dabrafenib/mek since she had zelboraf before.

Violeta
    Participant

Catherine, do you please know when the combination Dabrafenib and Trametinib (GSK) will be approved in Europe? It will be in January or later next year ?

Is Dabrafenib (as monotheraphy) already approved in Europe?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.