Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV BRAF/MEK Trial PET/CT Results – Disappointing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eileen L
    Participant

Just got my scan results from this past Friday, after being on the BRAF/MEK Roche trial (Zelboraf and a MEK inhibitor) for 12 weeks. The good news: My adrenal gland tumor shrank a bit more and the nodule in the lingular area of my lung is stable, both are basically non-reactive. The bad news, there is a new small lung nodule in my right upper lobe, just 8 mm. Although non-reactive on the PET, apparantly mets this small frequently don’t light up on the PET. Awaiting call form my doctor to discuss. I know that there are frequently non-specific lung nodules that turn out not to be mets, but I am bummed out!!!!!! Will post again when I know more.

Eileen L

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We have had many patients with lung nodules that turned out to be benign things not melanoma. I hope this will be the case for you! Sounds good on the other front. Let us know what the doctor suggests and thinks about this nodule.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.