Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV BRAF-Third Time’s a Charm?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    buffcody
    Participant

Just received a very initial report from my oncologist on my genetic sequencing of the tumor from May 1. Said there were peculiar findings. One was that I am BRAF-positive after two previous negative determinations. Apparently the BRAF showed up in a part of the tumor that was not expected it would show up in. I’m curious, of course, about the other anomalies from the usual genetic profile that are apparently part of the whole analysis, but I am still happy to report that what turned out to be another full body PET scan yesterday (long story) was once more negative. But I still don’t know whether I will need another more specialized brain PET to help the surgeon make his final decision whether to excise the remaining hematoma or not. This is turning into a much longer story than I enjoy.

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

Do you know what testing kit they used? I would be curious to know. Good news about the pet scan! Do they intend on prescribing the braf/mek combo for you now?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.