Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV brents anti pd 1 update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sharmon
    Participant

It was a week yesterday that he started the Anti PD 1 Me4ck trial. He is being admitted to Moffitt today for dehydration and pain. The big tumor is really painful, more than it has ever been. Dr weber is having the pain team change his meds and he is getting IV fluid. So we are hoping this is some sort of sign that the immune system is working.

Blessing and Happy Thanksgiving.

Sharon and Brent

dkmc
    Participant

We are all holding our breath to see how the anti PD 1 works for Brent. Hopefully it is working its magic so keep us updated.

Happy Thanksgiving, Karen

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

We don’t know a lot yet and seems like many do progress before the response takes hold. I hope Brent is better soon and we’ll be thinking of you both.

Sharmon
    Participant

Brent is having radiofrequency ablation to the nerve causing so much pain. This is day 6 for being hospitalized. His next treatment is a week from tomorrow.

Shirley Z
    Participant

Sharon,

Hoping Brent gets some relief soon from the pain. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way for better days ahead.

Shirley Z

Sharmon
    Participant

Today was a good day. He had a radiofrenquency ablation to the nerve running under the rib cage (intercoastal) and on top of the tumor on the rib. He is resting for the first time in 9 days and says the pain is a 4 and that it only hurts at the incision point. He is awake and has had some lunch which he fed himself. The difference is night and day.

My thoughts ….is it completely a result of the ablation or is that tumor finally calming back down after the Anti pd-1 one infusion two weeks ago. It could be a combination. That docs here say it can be 3 to 5 days for the ablation to really take effect and he has gotten real relief much sooner than most.

I plan on taking him home tomorrow and will have friends and family looking after him for a few days. I am returning to work.

His next infusion is the 5th. It will be interesting to see if that tumor area becomes inflamed again. This time he couldn’t even stand a sheet touching the skin. Now he is lying on his back in a sound sleep.

Gabsound
    Participant

Sharmon,

I’m so glad to hear that Brent is doing much better. It’s great that his pain has decreased. I really hope the PD1 is working.

Julie in Las Vegas

buffcody
    Participant

Really great news. It made my morning! Frank

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.