Home Forums Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV Brents Progression

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sharmon
    Participant

I type this earlier but it didn’t appear so here goes,

The long and short of it is he has been put on a waiting list for Mercks anti pd 1 at Moffitt.

After not being able to stand the pain from bone mets we met with Dr Weber to get a referral for a radiologist on tuesday. He said Brent would qualify but no radiation because of a needed washout. So we are making arrangements to End the Mek Trial. Probably going to happen anyway since he has progressed.

Any experince or thoughts would be helpful

Sharon and Brent

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

When does the Merck trial start? You mean he can’t have radiation to take care of the pain until he starts the PD1? did you check with MAYO in Jax for openings too? I hate to see him be in pain for any length of time!

Sharmon
    Participant

The trial has on opening in 3 weeks, not enough time for treatment and a washout from radiation.

The pain meds he is on is holding the pain to manageable. What do you think about the Merck Anti pd-1?

Thanks

Sharon

Catherine Poole
    Keymaster

I think it is a promising therapy and have heard only good things. We will know more after the trials are in full swing I believe. It is newer than the BMS PD1 but time will tell whether it is more effective. I think Brent is fortunate to get into the trial! Let us know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Melanoma Diagnosis: Stage IV’ is closed to new topics and replies.